Main Image

Main Image

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Prostate Cancer UK Newsletter & Blog

The great and amazing people at Prostate Cancer UK contacted me last week and asked if I would mind writing a blog post for their monthly email newsletter bulletin.
I was delighted and spent some time over the weekend thinking about what to blog about!

Finally came up with an idea of how my training is going and what I'm learning with every ride. Plus a fun aspect of some numbers related to facts and achievements so far!

Really hoping the team at Prostate Cancer UK like and use my blog that I submitted this morning!!



Here is an extract from the blog I submitted...


Finally I thought I share some numbers with you…..
  • 150 – days between starting my training on 1st January and departing for London to Amsterdam
  • 42 – the most miles I have ridden in a single training ride
  • 1390 – the total amount of pounds I have raised so far in sponsorship
  • 1695 – the number of views my blog has received
  • 218 – total amount of training miles I completed in January
  • 139 – total amount of training miles I completed in February
  • 45 – the age I will be on the start line in June, as my birthday’s a week before
  • 32 – the ratio of my bike’s gear cassette that I upgraded to make hill climbs a little easier
  • 30 – the shirt number of AFC Bournemouth player Matt Ritchie who is supporting and endorsing the ride
  • 55 – the total number of blog posts I have written so far on my blog
  • 1 – the number of crashes I’ve had whilst training
  • 3 – items of bespoke cycling kit from the amazing people at SaddleDrunk made for me

No comments:

Post a Comment